Monday, December 17, 2007

Missing!

Finally lost his top loose tooth! The bottom set are still growing in two rows like a shark! The dentist assures us this is fine and will correct itself.

What is too funny is that being the slacker parent that I am, I forgot my tooth fairy duties and a disappointed DPJ woke up to find no Pirate Booty awaiting him. Just his little tooth still where he left it. Try as I might to explain that the tooth fairy was just confused, he wasn't buying it. I told him if he left his tooth that I was sure the Tooth Fairy would find it while he was gone.

So the kids headed out to school with Chris and I immediately went in search of said tooth, figuring I would complete the swap while it was on my mind, but all I could find was a pile of change (a quarter, a few dimes, a nickel and about 10 pennies) where the tooth should have been.
I call the car phone. "Joe, where's your tooth?"
He replies, "Under my bed."
"Joe, I looked, and all I see is money..... did you take the tooth and leave money?"
"No..... Maybe the tooth fairy came!"

I eliminated all of the possible suspects (Chris and DQ). I know my memory is bad, but not that bad!! And it was too early for my meds, so I'm in my right frame of mind. Yep, it was him. That little shit pirate either didn't trust the tooth fairy at MY HOUSE or wanted to take that blasted tooth to school to share with his buddies. So he swapped his tooth with some change, so I would THINK the tooth fairy came. Hilarious how he tried to fake me out!

No comments: